Sunday 16 June 2013

Uni bashing & weddings // Morning Musings



I really wanted to talk about something I like to call 'uni bashing'.  I actually hate it when people talk about university saying that 'it's a waste of time' or 'you don't have to be conventional and go to uni and become a doctor/lawyer/dentist etc' or 'uni is a bad idea - don't just follow everyone else. Ok, you don't have to be conventional and go to uni and become a doctor, you can start working after school or start up your own business or do whatever it is you want to do but it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with actually deciding to go to uni. It's the same as there being nothing wrong if someone decides not to go to university. Obviously uni has it's flaws; it's expensive, it's stressful and it doesn't set you up for the realities of the real world. At the same time however, it offers a little transition from being a kid to being an adult, it furthers your learning in a specific area and it allows you to grow as a person and learn new things about yourself. I just don't see why anyone would have to put down the other side to make their life decisions seem better, more interesting or have more integrity because it doesn't.

*

I have a new found interest/obsession with wedding and proposal video's on YouTube. It's kinda weird to watch the wedding of someone you don't know at all but ohhhh my goodness their so cute! I will just watch them and cry and imagine them living happily ever after. Also! The great things about wedding videos on YouTube is that you can see so many different themed and cultural weddings that you can go from traditional white wedding to a country themed one to an Indian one to a Muslim one.... Oh man I've watched too many haven't I?

*

This was quite a random post but I wanted to start up my 'Morning Musings's feature on this blog again as it allows me to post longer written posts like these which I really enjoy doing! I hope you have a good week ahead! Also! I decided to set up a YouTube channel in order to make more lifestyle-esque content so if you'd like to check out a new channel click here guys.
OH and make sure to be following me on bloglovin due to all the news about GFC disappearing, click HERE to do so.

Currently, I am loving:


*

Check out my latest YouTube video HERE 

 Find me on: TrendTV | YouTube | Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram: @thatgirlsaadiya

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the uni bashing and OMG I love everything wedding related. I look at wedding photos though instead of videos. We're obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely blog!

    www.brunettetrend.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.