Monday 1 July 2013

Everybody's free (to wear sunscreen) // Musings



Last week consisted of hours upon hours of job searches and online applications so it was lovely to meet up with Nora and eat and talk and wander about town till our hearts content.

*

The fact that it is already July and that time is moving so fast scares me a little bit. My sister is doing her GCSE's and I seriously still remember doing mine like it was yesterday (ha, how old does that make me sound?!) Your time is probably one of the most valuable things you have and sometime it can be so easy to waste it - on hate, on regret, on worry, on fear, on people or on doing something that we don't even enjoy. I think that's the saddest thing. If we could see how much of our time we actually waste I think we would do things a bit differently. On the other side of the scale though, quotes such as 'live everyday to the fullest' make me feel a bit uneasy because I don't really know how to do that when all I've done today is chill at home while I sent of a couple of CV's and wrote up this post. That's not exactly what you think of when you hear 'live everyday to the fullest' although I guess it's about productivity.

*

Tomorrow it will be exactly a year since I got me degree results from University and began my preparation for graduation.  Not only does that add to my 'omg-time-is-moving-so-fast-don't-waste-it' thoughts it also makes me think how, despite not being in education anymore, you should never stop learning. Ever. Not just about yourself but about what's going on around you; about politics or religion or environmental issues or whatever it is that interests you - small or big.  In school and education you learning for exams, coursework, grades and your teachers whereas in life you learn for yourself and own peace of mind. Does that even make sense?!

*

Currently, I am loving:
If you haven't already heard this then I suggest you go right ahead and click on that link man!
'Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth'


*


Check out my latest YouTube video HERE 

 Find me on: TrendTV | YouTube | Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram: @thatgirlsaadiya

5 comments:

  1. Time does move really fast! I was looking at my cousins last week thinking where did the time go?! But we're not 'old' yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time does go fast. It's 11 years since I did my GSCEs, wow, I feel really old!

    Good luck in your job search, what kind of jobs are you looking for?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting up the Sunscreen song. I heard that long, long ago and haven't heard it since. It's great to hear the wonderful message it provides and to remember to live by =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food looks so delicious! And yes, it does seem like time is flying by. I'm the oldest of my mom's four so I look back at the things my siblings are doing like-- man, I'm getting old! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.