Saturday 25 May 2013

'I hope you fall in love with being alive' // The Maxi Dress




Maxi Dress - Zara
Necklace - H&M




Gooooooood old Tumblr for providing me with this quote/picture thing.  You know, sometimes I think it's easy to forget to love being alive and to love your life. Like seriously, take a minute to think about your life and everything you have going on and just love it.  The fact that you are alive, that you have people you love, that you have a past, present, and future.  The fact that you have opportunities, you have good memories and bad memories, you can get up and achieve so many things... you have life! There is no room for negativity here! Sure, things happen that can get you down but if every now and then if you can remember to just stand still, acknowledge all that you have going on and know that your life is the greatest gift you will ever receive then it can really help (well it helps me anyway). I find it really interesting that sometimes we can act as if life is a chore or a burden and that we don't actually want it. Are you kidding me?! Like 'ohhh, I have to revise/work/look for a job/clean/cook' whatever it is - as if it's the biggest burden to have to do those things. But you know what, it's a good thing that I have to do those things; that I have to revise means I have access to education, that I have to work means I have the right to work, that I have to look for a job means I am able to aspire, dream and achieve and the fact that I have to clean and cook means that I have food and shelter. And those are truly great things.  I guess it's about making the effort and digging yourself out of the negative thinking that we can sometimes find ourselves in. Life is nooooooot a chore - the simple fact that you are living is amazing, it really, really is, and with that, you can do anything. Besides, you don't remember the days you spent revising or cleaning anyway, you remember the days where you decide to make the most of your time and do something you enjoy.

WOW this has turned into quite a heavy post considering I just wanted to show you guys my maxi dress! But I hope it helps in any way it can.  
On to my maxi dress! I love it - I bought it from Zara a couple of summer's ago and whenever I dig it out I know that summer has finally arrived. Yesssssssssssssssss.




Find me on: YouTube | Bloglovin Twitter | Instagram: @thatgirlsaadiya

5 comments:

  1. You look stunning! And I agree, life is so beautiful! We need to stop allowing negativity taking such a strong hold on our lives! <3
    IN MY SUNDAY BEST

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great perspective! I have to catch myself sometimes on the way to a funk to stop and realize all that I've ever been blessed with. It is so important to stay in a complete state of positivity and gratitude. So it's always nice to have a reminder!

    Pretty dress!

    -Chymere A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dress :)


    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/
    twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely message, lovely dress. I haven't popped round to your corner of the intranet for a while, and as per, I'm leaving with a smile on my face

    (:

    Ammie x
    ammieandsharrie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress <3 with the hair and jewellery - PERFECT :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.