Thursday 10 October 2013

'I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make' // OOTD



I can't exactly remember when I wore this but it must have been a while ago seeing as how Mother Nature has now decided to bless curse us with some wind and rain...lovely. Anyway, I decided to rock the Primark and team these colours together which mix quite well with each other. I'd say if you want to try a bit of colour blocking then a mixture of blue and red/pink is the easiest way to do that. One thing I need to work on though is wearing more jewelry because, even though I buy a load of necklaces and rings and bracelets, I NEVER WEAR THEM like what is up with that?? I always forget to put some on which is annoying.

Finally, I wanted to share a quote I came across with you guys I thought was quite accurate:

'You don’t know anyone at the party, so you don’t want to go. You don’t like cottage cheese, so you haven’t eaten it in years. This is your choice, of course, but don’t kid yourself: it’s also the flinch. Your personality is not set in stone. You may think a morning coffee is the most enjoyable thing in the world, but it’s really just a habit. Thirty days without it, and you would be fine. You think you have a soul mate, but in fact you could have had any number of spouses. You would have evolved differently, but been just as happy. You can change what you want about yourself at any time. You see yourself as someone who can't write or play an instrument, who gives in to temptation or makes bad decisions, but that's really not you. It's not ingrained. It's not your personality. Your personality is something else, something deeper than just preferences, and these details on the surface, you can change anytime you like. If it's useful to do so, you must abandon your identity and start again. Sometimes  it's the only way. Set fire to your old self. It's not needed here. It's too busy shopping, gossiping about others, and watching days go by and asking why you haven't gotten as far as you'd like. Your new self is not like that. Your new self is the Great Chicago Fire - overwhelming, overpowering and destroying everything that isn't necessary' - Julien Smith


Currently, I am loving:
Yeah, basically I just love Anna Akana...



 Find me on: YouTube | Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram: @thatgirlsaadiya

15 comments:

  1. really nice outfit !!
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! i love the quote as well. really made me think!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit would have looked amazing with loads of bangles I'm like you to buy some and don't wear them

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that skirt!!!! Love it the colour just so rich. Lovely blog :)

    Nai

    www.notfromvenus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I just love the skirt such a pop of colour love it <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that, very inspiration 'Set fire to your old self' - I'd add but keep the ashes, you'll need them to remind you oh how far and better you have become :)

    Love the color blend :)

    Keep in touch

    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with mzcocoh. Keep the ashes to remind you of how far and better you've become.

      www.cassiedaves.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. Love the outfit, those colours go great together! And I'm the same with jewellery, I buy quite a lot and dont even end up wearing some of the pieces I get...! Great quote too, made me reflect a lot :)

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this outfit - the colours go really well together!
    Sarah xx
    sarahsbeautyemporium.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit you look stunning! The quote is great, really made me think! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for tweeting me you link, lovely blog! the skirt looks fab on you :)

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome outfit- i love the colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quote hun, very motivating. Love your outfit too.xx
    RumbieLove.Blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.