Thursday 26 December 2013

A Few Moments With: The Kind Side // Interview #6

A blogger I am slowly growing to love is Zauni over at The Kind Side. Reading through her blog posts was like a breath of fresh air (I've always found that saying slightly odd haha!) and found her posts thought provoking, to say the least. Her blog is now a place I know I can visit if I'm ever in the need for a burst of positive energy or just a chance to reflect on certain things about ourselves that we can sometimes neglect in the business of every day. I decided to interview Zauni for this interview series in order to share her blog with you guys and find out more about her passions on blogging and life!

Hello! Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
Hey there! My name is Zauni, I’m a positive lifestyle blogger over at The Kind Side. My blog is focused on helping those discover their ‘kind’ side and enhance their inner peace in hope of making the world a more peaceful place. I believe in the concepts of love, unity, and peace - and I believe in them strongly. My mantra is: spread love, practice peace, advocate unity. That is how I try to live my life. I’m not always successful, and I have some set backs, but for the most part I just try to live a good life and help as many people as I can along the way. When I’m not being a humanitarian-blogging activist, I’m a semi-normal college student who is obsessed with Harry Potter, alfredo sauce, iced coffee, vanilla lattes, fruit infused water, and squidward from Spongebob. 
How and why did you first get into blogging?
I wanted to start a blog for a while, but I didn’t know what ‘type’ of blog I would have. I kept putting it off, or talking myself out of it. One day my mom just said, “You know stop talking about it and just do it.” Some of the best advice I've ever had.


What has been your highlight about blogging so far?
Helping others help themselves. When people comment or email me saying they have learned something about themselves, or they have been inspired it makes me feel as if I’m doing something right. 

I get a lot of inspiration from your blog and positive outlook on life! Where do you draw inspiration from?
Aww thank you! I get a lot of inspiration from my mum, she is amazing. She’s taught me so much about life, love, God, and how to be a good person. She’s got the most incredible, beautiful spirit I’ve ever known and every time I talk to her I get inspired.

You recently took part in a sense of self week on your blog, could you explain what that was and what you learnt from it? 
Sense of Self Week was a blog series focused on defining what it means to have a ‘sense of self’ and getting to know yourself presently, in order to move forward. It was the first series I ever did on my blog, and it helped me discover a little more about myself, and dig deeper into who I truly am and how who I am is the cause of the choices I make and the things I like.
Experience Sense of Self Week for yourself here: Defining the term Finding Sense of Self | Finding Gratitude Dealing with Feeling Lost | When we Change




What is the best advice you've been given?

Face your fears. Simple, a bit cliche - but it’s gotten me through some tough moments. Sometimes the fear itself is the worse part. When I’m able to move away from that fear, it makes difficult things easier.


What are you goals for your blog and where do you see it heading in the future?
I’m a huge believe in the power of hope, love, and faith and it is those ideals that helped me formulate a plan of action for my future and the future of my blog. I want to make the world a better place, and ultimately I would love world peace. It sounds like a such a Miss America answer, but I believe it’s a true possibility with the right movements and mindsets. So I’m taking steps forward to make those dreams a reality. Currently I’m working with a team of people on a couple of projects that I’ll be revealing soon! If you’re interested in working on something that will help others - head over to my group project tab to learn more! 

Who are some of your favourite bloggers?
My favorite blogger has to be Karla Deras over at Karla’s Closet, hands down. She was the first blog I ever read, a couple of years ago and I fell in love with her fashion, her confidence, and just her overall hustle. 
Thank you! Where else can we find you?
Blog - www.thekindside.com
Twitter - @TheKindSide
I’ve got a really awesome contact page where you can reach me!
___


I hope you liked this interview! Let me know your thoughts and suggestions on ways to improve the blogger interview series below :)



Check out my latest YouTube video HERE 
Find me on: YouTube | Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram: @thatgirlsaadiya

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely interview and 'different' kind of blog - will definitely pop over and check it out!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh sounds like an awesome blog, i'll check it out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post idea and really great way to connect your readers with other blogs! Thanks for sending me your link on twitter.
    Samxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these interviews Saadiya, I always discover an interesting blog to follow! Zauni seems like a really cool chick, I read a couple posts on her blog, big fan of one tree hill! Keep em coming :)
    rara from RepeatPiece

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.